Christmastime is here... [007]


Stuck in my head: "Christmastime is Here"
Vince Guaraldi Trio
A Charlie Brown Christmas



~^v*v^~


I have been struggling to blog for a few weeks.

It's not as if things have been uneventful; on the contrary, I have scarcely had a moment's peace from all the goings-on, including a legitimate health scare, a covid exposure that I perceive to be illegitimate, and an unexpected vehicular expenditure that while I am fortunate enough to be able to absorb, it nonetheless prevents the acquisition of a holiday gift for myself.

Spoiled first-world problems. Everyone else got taken care of first, and if I may say so without hyperbole {knock on wood}, I have my health.

In the Judeo-Christian world, it's Christmas Eve as of this writing, and six hours before the stroke of midnight. Holidays have historically been a terrible time for me, and either I've grown out of that phase, or maybe... maybe it's nice to be in a position to do something for someone else. My niece and nephew are about to have a fabulous Christmas and that, I think, is enough. As I said to my brother earlier today, I want the kids to have wonderful holiday memories as they get older. Maybe if I put some kindness into the world, maybe someone else will get some kindness out of it...

~^v*v^~


Once 2022 settles in and maybe there's less Omicron or Pi or Rho or Sigma or whatever... maybe it's time to figure out playing music again. I'm not sure what it will look like, but I know I don't want to work with clowns anymore. I want to work with people I like, people who aren't afraid to speak up and not act like a passive-aggressive F U C K F A C E. It doesn't need to be more than just people getting together and having fun, but I know I miss the connection.

~^v*v^~


Have a safe and filth-and-disease-free season, everyone.

-CST.

Comments