Dark S7 Maneuver [010]


Stuck in my head: "Ventronik!"
J.G. Thirlwell
Music of the Venture Bros., Vol 2

link
~^v*v^~

Oh-My-Good-God-Damn-Lock-Nut-TIGHT Hits:

1.) Austin's been on my mind a lot lately. No, I don't fancy myself returning to the scene of the crime - so to speak - but in a recent social media post, I tagged my long-time Seattle residence with the Wilco lyric of, "When you're back in your old neighborhood..."

My sibling responded by saying, "Austin is far away".

"There's something there that you can't find..."


2.) The search for that gif sent me down the YouTube rabbit hole and I'm now considering watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.


3.) I am really upset with other Seahawks fans, maybe with sports fans in general. The undying loyalty to a player who does not share the loyalty for the signet on their uniform is odd to me. I understand that players are trying to maximize their earning potential and even have an opportunity to create some generational wealth... but it's the fans whose lack of reasoning that's upsetting.

Season's over for the Seahawks, but you-know-who is set to cause more drama because that's what he does. It's going to be a long off-season.


4.) I finished all the coffee I brought with me from my last trip home. Well... Texas doesn't have to be great at everything, I suppose.


5.) KING OF THE HILL IS COMING BACK I TELL YA WHAT.

Of course, I'm just waiting for the first person to say, "That boy ain't right," as the only line they've ever gleamed from the show.


6.) Pet peeve: Sarcasm.

"I did not understand that she was hiding her feelings under irony, that this is usually the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded, and that their pride makes them refuse to surrender till the last moment and shrink from giving expression to their feelings before you. I ought to have guessed the truth from the timidity with which she had repeatedly approached her sarcasm, only bringing herself to utter it at last with an effort. But I did not guess, and an evil feeling took possession of me."
-Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground


"iT's BeTtEr To Be A sMaRtAsS tHaN a DuMbAsS!"

Wrong. In this case, "smart" doesn't mean, "showing intelligence or good judgment : WISE", it fucking means, "informal + disapproving : behaving or talking in a rude or impolite way : showing a lack of respect for someone", SO FUCK YOU.


Anyone who claims to like it is deluding themselves. It's a useful literary tool, but if all you've got is sarcasm, then you have nothing.


7.) Today was the last ride for The Magic Couch. I'd been trying to give it away for months, and nobody wanted it. I get it. Furniture is difficult. Unfortunately, with a storage unit whose price continues to increase, I just couldn't keep it anymore, so I sent The Magic Couch to heaven.

I heard your lovely British accent on that couch.

I recovered from surgery on that couch.

I watched the Seahawks win a Super Bowl on that couch.

I watched the Seahawks lose a Super Bowl on that couch.

I got the phone call offering me the new/current job on that couch.

I cried a lot and laughed a lot on that couch.

You'll be missed, old friend.



-CST.

Comments